Welcome to the Policy & Economic Development Unit
The Policy & Economic Development Unit has a broad remit to provide economic and policy advice to Elected Members, the Central Management Team (CMT) and FIG Departments. The Unit assists in the development of specific economic and social programmes, working across Government and the community to support the attainment of the goals of the Islands Plan.
The Policy & Economic Development Unit is responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the Government's economic policies and monitoring the effectiveness of public spending in achieving the Government's economic goals;
- Improving the Government's capacity to address strategic, cross-cutting issues;
- Enhancing the evidence base for economic policy making by undertaking (or commissioning) economic research and providing economic briefings;
- Oversight and monitoring of the Economic Development Strategy (EDS)
- Managing relations with the European Union (EU), and oversight and management of the implementation of the European Development Fund (EDF) and other EU funding;
- Development, monitoring and review of Performance Management across all FIG departments, including production of quarterly and annual performance reports;
- Preparation of National Accounts and other key statistical data (including a 5-yearly Census of population);
- Developing and supporting policies and procedures which focus on managing and preserving the Falkland's environment.
- Support the Public Health Unit - please see this link for further information https://www.fig.gov.fk/publichealth/