Septemeber 28th to October 4th is Healthy Eating Week
We are linking in with the British Nutrition Foundation’s work to promote healthy habits. So why not join us, at work, school or at home.
Each day has a theme and health challenge to promote healthy habits.
- Eat more wholegrains (Monday)
- Vary your veg (Tuesday)
- Drink plenty (Wednesday)
- Move more (Thursday)
- Be mind kind (Friday)
- Get active together (Saturday)
- Eat together (Sunday)
Or alternatively you can link in at any time as the materials are not date marked so maybe spreading the promotions over several weeks or months to suit your location better.
So if you would like to take part here are some things you can do in the meantime to prepare for the week:
- Pop the dates into your organisation's or school's diary.
- Decide who is going to champion or coordinate your BNF Healthy Eating Week/events in your workplace or school.
- Seek support from management, to encourage everyone to get involved.
- Consider inviting in guest speakers in for the Week or for events. e.g. invite a fitness, yoga or pilates instructor in on your Move More day/event, or a health professional to talk about mental health or stress awareness with your Be Mind Kind day/event.
For more information, please contact:
Carol Morrison, Head of Public Health
Phone: +500 28435